A seasoned broadcaster and print journalist, Jon Craig joined Sky News’ highly respected political team in February 2003 and was appointed Chief Political Correspondent in July 2006.
One of the most experienced political journalists in the lobby, Jon has more than 25 years’ experience as both a print and broadcast Political Editor and has covered every major story from the Falklands War to David Cameron's successful bid to get to No.10. He also exclusively on Sky News, broke the news of Lord Levy’s arrest in connection with the cash-for-honours inquiry in July 2006.
Prior to joining Sky, Jon was Political Editor of BBC London, where he enjoyed a high-profile role presenting the BBC One news bulletins as well as presenting MetroPol, BBC2’s regional political programme for London.
Before joining the BBC, Jon was Political Editor of the Sunday Express for three years – prior to this he was Political Editor of the Daily Express. Whilst at the Express Jon frequently appeared as a newspaper reviewer and political pundit for Sky News. Jon also held the role of Political Correspondent of Today and Home Affairs Correspondent at The Sunday Times where he covered the 1987 General Election.
Jon began his journalism career as a graduate trainee with Thomson Regional Newspapers working on the Evening Gazette in Middleborough, he then went on to gain the roles of Parliamentary Correspondent and Senior Political Correspondent.
Jon gained an LLB at Southampton University, where he was also Student Union President after graduating.
Jon was chairman of the House of Commons Press Gallery in 1998. Before switching from newspapers to broadcasting he was described in the New Statesman magazine as "the best of the lobby hacks on TV”.
Special Correspondents Biographies
- . @JeffRandallLive will look in detail at the #AutumnStatement http://t.co/bmhBH0lSdF from 7pm on @skynews #AS2013 — 12 hours 54 min ago
- #AS2013 - @dannyalexander @ChrisLeslieMP & #Weather - @DefraGOVUK @EnvAgency on #BoultonandCo today. From 1pm on @skynews — 18 hours 22 min ago
- #AutumnStatement – Key Points At A Glance via @skynews online - http://t.co/8FKUm9S2u2 #AS2013 — 18 hours 32 min ago
- Watch @George_Osborne ‘s Commons Statement live now on @skynews or online via http://t.co/wd2yMxZSKh #AS2013 — 19 hours 40 min ago
- RT @SkyNews: Autumn Statement: The Key Points At A Glance http://t.co/L1fou7LHn5 — 19 hours 48 min ago
- RT @adamboultonSKY: #AS2013 @ 1115 then full reax @1300 on #boultonandco + @dannyalexander @ChrisLeslieMP @chris_huhne @EdConwaySky & many … — 19 hours 52 min ago
- Watch @George_Osborne ‘s Commons Statement live at 11.15pm on @skynews #AS2013 http://t.co/dY3Ts1wfx4 — 19 hours 55 min ago