Sky News presenter Stephen Dixon joined the channel in 2000 and presents Sunrise every Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning.
As a presenter he has been on air for many significant breaking news stories including the terrorist attacks in London on July 7 2005, the foiled airline terror plots in August 2006, the beginning of the NATO air campaign over Libya and the fall of Tripoli in 2011.
Before joining Sky News, Stephen spent four years at Channel 5 News working as a presenter, reporter and programme editor. Prior to this Stephen worked for ITN as a producer, then presenter, on ITN World News.
Stephen first developed an aptitude for breaking news while studying for his BA (Hons) in Broadcast Journalism at Nottingham Trent University. As a presenter and journalist with Radio Trent, he broke the Abbie Humphries missing baby story for the Independent Radio News network.
Stephen also presented the finance show, Simply Money, alongside Angela Rippon.
Stephen originally hails from a small village in Cumbria, where most of his family still lives. He freely admits to an unhealthy obsession with anything technological, and is a self-confessed science-fiction fanatic. He is also the President of the Alumni Association of Nottingham Trent University.
News Presenters Biographies
- By popular demand – full length version of @skynews’ #budget2014 promo - http://t.co/ZZ9h7FX4z8 — 47 min 30 sec ago
- RT @trplatt: Great #web25 content on http://t.co/xXawVMUNEJ & iPad. Hangout from @martinstanford, @AfuaSky report and Web's Top 25 http://t… — 4 hours 57 min ago
- Missing Plane - extended special report on @skynews today at 2.30pm, 4.30pm 6.30pm & 8.30pm #Maylasia #MH370 http://t.co/bHiVBatySr — 5 hours 3 min ago
- RT @KayBurley: From2: Families of missing plane passngers want answers; blood-spattered toilet door brought to #PistoriusTrial & #Poundland… — 5 hours 54 min ago
- #WWW25 @MartinStanford hosts #GoogleHangout via @skynews.com iPad & youtube http://t.co/o4U9f3CvT1 @1.30pm http://t.co/KjrH0k7ctv — 6 hours 21 min ago
- Topics on today’s #BoultonandCo include – Health Incentives #EUReferendum #WWW25 & #MathsTeachers 1pm @skynews — 6 hours 42 min ago
- Congrats Kay. RT @LBC: .@KayBurley will present the new Sunday Breakfast Show with @StigAbell on LBC http://t.co/wYOaumebgW — 9 hours 9 min ago