Gemma Morris has been presenting bulletins on Sky News’ interactive news service since 2009. Her recorded bulletins can also be seen on Sky News for iPad, as well as out-of-home platforms such as hotels, gyms, train stations, airports and financial trading floors.
Gemma began her professional career at Sky with an internship at Sky News Radio, and then as a producer for Sky News Active. Following a screen-test for Sky Sports News, Gemma took on the presentation of their interactive bulletins before moving to present for Sky News full-time.
Gemma studied journalism at the London College of Communication, University of Arts, achieving a BA First Class Honours. During this time she also freelanced on the ITV News Channel, as well as for local radio, to gain valuable experience as a producer/reporter. She also spent a year working for the American newspaper The Houston Chronicle at their European Bureau.
Gemma was an avid skier for ten years until an accident shattered her pelvis leaving her temporarily in a wheelchair. The accident prompted a newfound appreciation for her legs and she now enjoys long walks and jogging in the sunshine.
News Presenters Biographies
- Stay tuned to @skynews for #Mandela memorial - @JTSkyNews, @AlexCrawfordSky & @emmahurdsky are there — 12 min 7 sec ago
- Coming up on @SkyNews at 4.30pm, live coverage of Iain Duncan Smith answering questions at the select committee http://t.co/GIJdoQTo60 — 16 hours 45 min ago
- #Mandela death unites SA again…but for how long? Read @AlexCrawfordSky ‘s piece for @EveningStandard http://t.co/WEQ7MTZsD6 — 16 hours 50 min ago
- .@KayBurley from 2pm- #LeeRigby accused praises #AlQaeda B/burn player arrested on spot fixing claims & subsidised supermarkets for hard up — 19 hours 1 min ago
- RT @adamboultonSKY: #boultonandco: @savethechildren Charles Walker MP @cliveefford @GillianGuy_CAB @Helen_Barnard @mjrharris @MandelaMovie … — 20 hours 22 min ago
- Watch full coverage of Nelson #Mandela's Memorial service tomorrow on @SkyNews http://t.co/qWOUnCkftO — 20 hours 51 min ago
- Live coverage of Iain Duncan Smith answering questions from the select committee on @SkyNews at 4.30pm #benefits http://t.co/YxyQe7yksN — 21 hours 12 min ago