Gemma Morris has been presenting bulletins on Sky News’ interactive news service since 2009. Her recorded bulletins can also be seen on Sky News for iPad, as well as out-of-home platforms such as hotels, gyms, train stations, airports and financial trading floors.
Gemma began her professional career at Sky with an internship at Sky News Radio, and then as a producer for Sky News Active. Following a screen-test for Sky Sports News, Gemma took on the presentation of their interactive bulletins before moving to present for Sky News full-time.
Gemma studied journalism at the London College of Communication, University of Arts, achieving a BA First Class Honours. During this time she also freelanced on the ITV News Channel, as well as for local radio, to gain valuable experience as a producer/reporter. She also spent a year working for the American newspaper The Houston Chronicle at their European Bureau.
Gemma was an avid skier for ten years until an accident shattered her pelvis leaving her temporarily in a wheelchair. The accident prompted a newfound appreciation for her legs and she now enjoys long walks and jogging in the sunshine.
News Presenters Biographies
- North Korean Women Reveal Emotional Struggle - @Stone_SkyNews reports for @skynews http://t.co/ASmkRaSWwj — 1 hour 41 min ago
- Another chance to catch up on the #Pistorius trial - 3pm today - 8pm tomorrow @skynews http://t.co/XOFa6mMOPK — 2 hours 28 min ago
- You can see more on #InternationalWomensDay on @skynews for iPad. Free for Sky customers. #IWD2014 http://t.co/TOlVYSLKeC — 6 hours 53 min ago
- Call to end violence against women - @AlexCrawfordSky talks to one women who is trying to change things - http://t.co/pHwNOWSE2j #IWD2014 — 6 hours 58 min ago
- RT @natimbruglia: About to appear on #skynews for #IWD2014 talking about #endfistula campaign - donate to @hhoj #virginunite — 7 hours 6 min ago
- Coming up on @skynews - singer @natimbruglia re her work with the #endfistula campaign #IWD2014 — 7 hours 9 min ago
- Catch up on the #Pistorius trial - tonight on @skynews 9.30pm http://t.co/cXv1pIf5Th — 22 hours 23 min ago