Business presenter Dharshini joined Sky News as a Business Correspondent in late 2009. Since then, Dharshini has covered stories ranging from the takeover of Cadbury to the aftermath of the bank bailouts. Drawing on her earlier career as an economist, Dharshini presented the Sky News coverage of the Pre-Budget Report, live from the City. Dharshini is currently helping guide viewers through Britain's perilous recovery from recession and her love of finding the story behind the numbers is fuelling many of her contributions to the Sky City Blog – skynews.com/cityblog.
Prior to joining Sky News, Dharshini spent eight years working as a financial correspondent and presenter at the BBC. While based in New York she fronted the BBC's Wall Street coverage as the credit crunch unfolded. She was the first to cover the collapse of the bank Bear Stearns from the New York Stock Exchange and interviewed pretty much everyone who mattered in the American business world - from the boss of Microsoft to the head of the IMF.
Prior to working in the US, Dharshini reported on economics, business and consumer affairs across BBC News in London. During this time she presented for Panorama, and was lead presenter of the financial shows World Business Report and Business Today.
Before turning to journalism Dharshini worked on the frontline of business and finance on the trading floor of HSBC Investment Bank, as their Senior UK Economist. Her team was awarded the "Golden Guru" award for the accuracy of its forecasts. It was during this time that she discovered an appetite for broadcasting on all things financial.
Dharshini was born and brought up in London and read Economics at Downing College, University of Cambridge.
News Presenters Biographies
- In a special programme - @JTSkyNews looks back at the first week of evidence in the murder trial of Oscar #Pistorius - 3pm & 8pm @SkyNews — 2 hours 27 min ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Norman Lamb, Minister for Care, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.co/X5Gkgu9LF6 — 3 hours 8 min ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Chris Leslie, Shadow Chief Secretary, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.co/gYylyA8o… — 3 hours 8 min ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Roger Albinyana, Catalonian Foreign Affairs Sec from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.c… — 4 hours 23 min ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Patrick McLoughlin, Transport Secretary, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.co/ryNY1… — 4 hours 41 min ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Danny Alexander, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t… — 5 hours 19 min ago
- RT @gileswinn: Is @David_Cameron becoming a Twitter twit? @EmilyThornberry @IsabelHardman & @ajcdeane on #Murnaghan next http://t.co/KiNuo6… — 5 hours 33 min ago