Award winning presenter, Anna has covered many major events both from the studio and in the field since joining Sky News. She recently presented live from Tripoli on the Libya conflict and also covered the last US election, anchoring live from California.
In 2007 she presented from Portugal on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and anchored Sky News’ ‘Inside Iraq’ week coverage live from Baghdad. She also interviewed disgraced actor Chris Langham in his first sit-down interview since his release from prison.
In 2006 she spent two weeks covering the Lebanon war live from Israel and in 2005 covered the death of Pope John Paul II from both Poland and Rome.
From the studio, Anna was on air for both the ‘shock and awe’ bombing of Baghdad and the invasion of Iraq by American forces in 2003. After covering the Kosovo conflict, she was on air as Serbian leader Slobodan Milosovic was ousted from office.
Anna joined Sky as a reporter and during the 1997 election she shadowed Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown throughout the six week campaign.
In 2012 Anna was awarded the RTS Presenter of the Year award, she is only the second woman to ever be awarded such an accolade.
Anna studied Geography at St Edmund Hall, Oxford University, decided to pursue a career in journalism and worked for a year as a researcher for a social action show for Granada Television.
After taking a post-graduate journalism course at Cardiff University, Anna left in 1991 to take up a job with BBC North as a reporter for Radio and TV and became reporter-presenter for Look North before joining Sky News in 1995.
A keen rower at University, she took part in BBC 1’s The Other Boat Race. Twelve celebrities and former Oxbridge students trained and competed in their own version of the world’s most illustrious rowing event. Anna, captaining the Oxford crew, led her team to victory.
She spends much of her spare time hill walking - and has climbed Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro and Aconcagua - the highest mountain in the Andes. Her ambition is to climb the highest mountain in Antarctica. She has also turned her hand to ocean racing and completed the Fastnet race.
News Presenters Biographies
- As the world mourns Nelson Mandela @SkyNews iPad app takes a look back at his inspirational life #Mandela http://t.co/CHMqVCrDZ5 — 56 min 31 sec ago
- . @JeffRandallLive will look in detail at the #AutumnStatement http://t.co/bmhBH0lSdF from 7pm on @skynews #AS2013 — 15 hours 4 min ago
- #AS2013 - @dannyalexander @ChrisLeslieMP & #Weather - @DefraGOVUK @EnvAgency on #BoultonandCo today. From 1pm on @skynews — 20 hours 32 min ago
- #AutumnStatement – Key Points At A Glance via @skynews online - http://t.co/8FKUm9S2u2 #AS2013 — 20 hours 42 min ago
- Watch @George_Osborne ‘s Commons Statement live now on @skynews or online via http://t.co/wd2yMxZSKh #AS2013 — 21 hours 50 min ago
- RT @SkyNews: Autumn Statement: The Key Points At A Glance http://t.co/L1fou7LHn5 — 21 hours 58 min ago
- RT @adamboultonSKY: #AS2013 @ 1115 then full reax @1300 on #boultonandco + @dannyalexander @ChrisLeslieMP @chris_huhne @EdConwaySky & many … — 22 hours 2 min ago