Sky News Diplomatic Editor, Tim Marshall, is a leading authority on foreign affairs and has reported from 30 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and North America. He has covered three US Presidential elections as well as the wars in Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, and Israel.
Tim has reported from Syria on multiple occasions, interviewing Major General Robert Mood, and has reported from France on the inauguration of French president Francois Hollande and the Toulouse shootings.
2011 saw Tim report from Tunisia, Egypt and Libya during the uprisings across the Arab world. Among a string of exclusives was the last interview with Pakistan’s Benazhir Bhutto ahead of her return from exile and subsequent assassination.
Tim now has one of the fastest growing blogs on the web - Foreign Matters at http://blogs.news.sky.com/foreignmatters which won an Orwell Finalist prize in 2010.
Tim has previously been Foreign Affairs Editor, Diplomatic Correspondent, Middle East Correspondent and Europe Correspondent for the channel before being made Diplomatic Editor.
In 2004 Tim was a finalist in the RTS News Event category for his Iraq War coverage. The New York Festival has also recognised Tim’s reporting. He won finalist certificates in 2007, for a report on the Mujahideen, and in 2004 for his documentary The Desert Kingdom which featured exclusive access to Crown Prince Abdullah and his palaces.
Tim spent the majority of the 1999 Kosovo crisis in Belgrade, where he was one of a handful of journalists who stayed on in Serbia/Kosovo after the media was expelled. He returned briefly to the UK to get married, before returning to the Balkans. For the day that the NATO troops advanced into Pristina, Tim was already in the Kosovo capital, and came out to greet them as they entered.
Before joining Sky News, he spent three years as IRN’s Paris Correspondent, and has worked extensively for BBC radio and television over a career spanning 28 years. Tim is also the author of ‘Shadowplay’, a best-selling and award-winning chronicle of the Kosovo War and the overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
- You can catch up with the #Pistorius trial via a special programme every night this week - 9.30pm on @skynews http://t.co/5VM6Dcnp6f — 11 hours 38 min ago
- RT @SkyWillSarge: In the latest #skynews #swipe we test out the #OculusRift say happy 25 to the web and @AoifeLockhart reviews games http:/… — 12 hours 32 min ago
- Topics on today’s #Boultonandco include – missing #Malaysia plane #Alzheimers + @edballsmp & @jamesrsproule on #JobGuarantee 1pm on @skynews — 16 hours 18 min ago
- In a special programme - @JTSkyNews looks back at the first week of evidence in the murder trial of Oscar #Pistorius - 3pm & 8pm @SkyNews — 1 day 14 hours ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Norman Lamb, Minister for Care, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.co/X5Gkgu9LF6 — 1 day 14 hours ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Chris Leslie, Shadow Chief Secretary, from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.co/gYylyA8o… — 1 day 14 hours ago
- RT @bevheth: The transcript of the interview with Roger Albinyana, Catalonian Foreign Affairs Sec from #murnaghan #skynews is at http://t.c… — 1 day 15 hours ago